- Your pet needs to be fasted overnight, with their last meal before 10pm. Then remove all food and do not give any breakfast
- Water can be offered right up to when you bring them in for their surgery
- Take your dog for a walk before arriving to ensure they empty their bladder and bowels
- Most surgeries are a “Day Surgery”, This means your pet is admitted into hospital before 10am and generally will be discharged between 3pm and 5pm.
- If your pet is particularly dirty we recommend giving them a bath the day before their procedure.
- Your pet maybe sedate for the afternoon, do not worry as this is the last of the anaesthetic wearing off.
- Keep them as quiet as possible for 10 days after surgery
- Your pet maybe slightly nauseas after the procedure so a small meal is recommended that night and normal meals can be resumed from the next morning.
- Keep fresh cool water available at all times
- If sutures have been placed during surgery these will usually be removed free of charge 10 days after surgery. Please make an appointment.
- Do not allow your pet to chew or lick at the surgery site; we recommend purchasing an e-collar to protect the surgery site.
- Keep the sutures dry until removed; this means no swimming or bathing for the 10 days.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us on 07 4152 0009